Cosmetic dental treatments can take up a lot of time and consideration, especially if you wish to improve the appearance of your teeth, but don’t know where to start. One of the best recommendations we offer is to visit your dentist for their professional opinion. Visiting your dentist will allow you to gain a deeper insight into what you desire from improving your smile, and offer examinations that inform you about what your options are in giving your smile a cosmetic makeover. Because cosmetic dentistry is on the rise, cosmetic treatments have become a sought-after commodity for people of almost all ages. For those who are looking into cosmetic treatments, here are some of the most popular cosmetic treatments that dentists provide today.
- Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain veneers have the ability to treat crooked teeth, discolored teeth, and help cover spaces in between teeth. Veneers are thin tooth-like shells that cover the front of the tooth, and during the procedure, dentists will shave off parts of the enamel of the tooth to cement and place the veneers onto the tooth. Veneers are a permanent option for cosmetic restorations and can last up to 10 years when taken care of properly.
- Tooth Bonding – Tooth bonding, as obscure as it sounds, is a highly common cosmetic treatment that focuses on bonding the teeth with tooth-colored materials. By carefully working with the tooth’s shape, bonding helps to repair the appearance of the tooth and cover chips, cracks, stains, and broken teeth. The bonding treatment can be completed within a single visit and has a longevity of up to 12 years before needing to be touched up or replaced.
- Orthodontic Treatment – For those who have severe tooth alignment issues, orthodontists offer multiple cosmetic solutions that work to align the smile back to straight, pearly whites. While metal braces can offer treatment, braces such as Invisalign and Damon offer clear aligner solutions that don’t sacrifice the physical appearance of your teeth. Clear aligners are removable as well, meaning you can properly clean your teeth without having to work around metal brackets. You can also eat and speak normally when wearing them.
- Porcelain Crowns – Dental crowns cover the entirety of the tooth, and are used to replace teeth that are in poor shape, have badly decayed, and have had large fillings. Dental crowns are also used to fill up spaces within the teeth that haven’t properly formed. Your dentist, in this case, will need to remove parts of the enamel to attack the crown to the base of the tooth and will fuse it with metal and cement to help withstand the biting pressure.
- Teeth Whitening – Also known as teeth bleaching, this procedure works to brighten your smile by using chemicals such as hydrogen peroxide and hydrated silica to remove discoloration from the teeth. Teeth whitening procedures work best after a dental checkup and cleaning, and teeth whitening treatments are an excellent temporary source of cosmetic dentistry, especially for special occasions.
Have questions regarding your options for cosmetic treatments? Schedule an appointment with Dr. Duc Pham at the Premier Dental of South Orange County, located in Aliso Viejo, CA, today to learn more and get a comprehensive exam with your first visit.